Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Antiwar.com Reflection


 Before this class, I had never heard of ANTIWAR.COM, most likely because I had never seen it advertised on social media or brought up on major news channels. Another possibility is that the government does not want people to know about this site since it loves war because it makes them money, and the site is anti-war. 

    Furthermore, the government does not encourage news channels or social media apps to spread topics that go against what they are in support of. These platforms benefit more when a political party favors them because the voters of that political party are going to want to follow those leaders, and the more viewers these media platforms get, the more their ratings go up, and they make more money. 

    I did find the website hard to read, not because of spelling but because of the layout and format of the site. Everything on the main page is smushed to gather, it is hard for my eyes to find a place to start reading, and the words are all in red. I am assuming the writers chose red because they want the reader to understand that the information is essential to urgent, but the key details get lost when all the words are in "urgent" red. 

    Another thing is that the website's table of contents has the smallest font size out of all the site's information. As a reader, if I find a site hard to navigate, then I do not see a point in reading further because it is time wasted when I could have been reading.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment